Evergreen Cemetery

land-of-the-freeThe City Public Works department is also responsible for the grounds upkeep and maintenance for Evergreen Cemetery. According to city records, Evergreen Cemetery was established in 1858 and is located on Cemetery Street. The cemetery is open to the public.

The Chester City Council appoints five representatives to an advisory Commission to monitor all concerns of the Evergreen Cemetery.

The City’s appointees to the Commission are:

Dede Guza – Chair
135 York St.
Chester, SC 29706

Ross Gladden
130 York St.
Chester, SC 29706

Tony Emerson
169 Jeter St.
Chester, SC 29706

Open Seat